May 8, 2009

Pursesnatchers//Library Date

Sweet, cute and local.
Tell me...what is this Local Music Fridays?


We had the pleasure of playing with these guys at Death by Audio when we were on tour. They were great!

The band Pursesnatchers doesn’t much seem like they’d snatch your purse. In fact, we stacked our equipment up next to theirs for hours that night and they didn’t snatch any of our guitars or amps or other stuff. Although, come to think of it, I am missing two patch chords from that night. I’m looking at you guys.

I especially liked this song live.
Awesome things about it:
1. It sounds cute, just like a library date.
2. It accurately captures the sweet nostalgia of college and “college love.”
3. Is that a farfisa? It’s making me die with happiness.

Also I really admire that, according to their myspace page, the band is “bracing [itself] for Yo La Tengo comparisons.” Apt. But not like that’s a bad thing!



Library Date.mp3

Our love was a product of particular times.
And we can’t go back.
No, not that.

No comments: