March 12, 2010

Jes Kramer//We Will Be Warm

So we didn't exactly "meet" yet: Local Music Friday
What's up with Local Music Fridays?

Isn't it basically so weird that the internet lets you return to random conversations, times and people by just saving and hosting EVERYTHING? A simple Gmail search brings back the heat of your first correspondences with with a certain ex, that dispute with your landlord or an email you wrote to your best friend about some cool new band you found. It doesn't matter when these things were sent. They're all there and fully keywordable.

Sadly, as we all know, Myspace is no Gmail. As a result, I'm not able to go back in time to see the first exchange I had with Grand Rapids pop whiz Jes Kramer (wow, two GR bands in a local music row!), although I can guess that it was probably around the year 2005 and that it was probably about a show. I'm not quite sure how I stumbled upon Jes's music, but I immediately felt a lot of affinity for her unique brand of lo-fi pop.

Jes and I have never played a show together, although I know we were supposed to at least a few times. Something always went wrong. Well, that's about to end next week as Palmyra and Jes play together in Grand Rapids at The DAAC.

Until then (and also until this odd winter-to-spring transition weather settles down), please enjoy this charming track.



We Will Be Warm.mp3

My head's in knots with Einstein quotes
And thoughts of weather patterns,
The terror of experimenting on the things that matter.

No comments: