October 6, 2009

Air//Playground Love

I think it’s kind of amazing that when you search “air” on google, Air the band is the first hit. Internet, you’re telling me this electronic pop duo from France is more important that that fundamental life-sustaining stuff we breathe? Strike one.

Don’t get me wrong--Air (the French band!) rules. I bought this in high school on some kind of maxi single thing that had like six different versions of the song, which was part of the soundtrack for The Virgin Suicides, an awesome movie based on an awesome book by one of my most favorite authors. You may remember how I christened my high school ex-boyfriend’s car Trip after the character Trip Fontaine. This song works really well as a theme to the movie, which revolves around a mysterious group of sisters in the 60s in suburban Detroit. Video here.

Learn something new everyday! According to Wikipedia:

Air (sometimes spelled with all capital letters as AIR) is a French (from region Île-de-France) music duo, consisting of Nicolas Godin and Jean-Benoît Dunckel. The name AIR is a backronym forAmour, Imagination, Rêve[1] which translates to Love, Imagination, Dream.

Another tidbit: Air recorded all the music for Charlotte Gainsborg’s 5:55.

I’ve been a fan of the group for some time. I especially enjoyed 1998’s Moon Safari. Sexy boy!!! Now, holy shit, get ready for one hell of a saxophone solo.



Playground Love.mp3

I'm a high school lover, and you're my favorite flavor.

No comments: