April 24, 2009

White Pines//Our Things in the Street

Basement House Show Style [Local! Music! Friday!]!
Tell me...what is this Local Music Fridays?


Back when I lived in Ann Arbor, my friend Travis played a show with a band called That’s Him, That’s the Guy! After the show (which I missed), T-Rav (that’s a pet name) insisted that I check them out. Life got in the way and I never did.

Fast forward to 2007ish, when Joe Scott started appearing in my social circle and I put two and two together. “Oh, that’s him, that’s the guy from That’s Him, That’s the Guy!” Ha Ha. Ha...I think it’s funny that despite my numerous near run-ins with Mr. Scott, including multiple wasted Half Ass Shows featuring Canada (he was a also a member), I didn’t get to know him much until he moved out to NYC. But, I suppose that can be said of many of my current dearest friends…

Anyway, White Pines is Joe’s solo gig and the songs are predictably lushly well-recorded and touchingly well-written. Heavy with feeling, “Our Things in the Street” is just a small taste of what this guy can do with a words, music and emotion.



Our Things In The Street.mp3

White Pines plays tomorrow night at The 50/50.
You can hear and learn more here.


For what it's worth,
It was worth it.

No comments: