December 14, 2009

Ro Spit//Renaissance State Of Mind

Login, Refresh, Monday Mail Monday Facebook Status Update.
What is Monday Mail?

A friend of mine posted this awesome video (see below) on her Facebook yesterday. I was instantly charmed by this song, an obvious not/rip-off of Jay-Z's Empire State of Mind, a nod to my own current home-city. I'm completely loyal and all, but NYC gets more than its fair share of hype. Let's give The D. a hand for a sec, even if they did have to lift Jay-Z's catchy beats and hook.

Anna said:

I'm from DEEEEtroit. Had to repost this.

Detroit just happens to be on my mind a bit lately. I met this awesome guy at a party a few weeks ago who produces this radio show. One of their first episodes is on Detroit and featured an old housemate of mine! The show was great. It was a nice reminder that even though the D has such a shitty rep, there are a lot of really cool things happening there now.

Please put your hands up for Detroit with this catchy jam from hometown hip-hop hero, Ro Spit.



Renaissance State Of Mind (Feat. Monica Blaire).mp3

Old English D,
Yeah, you see it on the brim.

No comments: