June 5, 2009

Simian Mobile Disco//Hustler

Get happy, get local. It’s the weekend!
Tell me...what is this Local Music Fridays?

Third girl. Black dress, chunky pearls. That’s my (long lost) friend Erin.

So today’s L!M!F! might be a little bit of a stretch, much like this one, but I’m running with it anyway.

Let me tell you how I met Erin. I was visiting some friends (Annie, Ethan) in East Lansing for a weekend at the end of my freshman year of college. AND WHAT A WEEKEND IT WAS. For some reason, I had a razor scooter. I guess I must have asked my parents for this. My memories of how I came to own the razor scooter are hazy, ok? Anyway, I had a razor scooter. It was green and chrome. Erin, who was friends with my friends, got instantly OBSESSED with it and insisted on riding it pretty much everywhere we went that night. We went to a weird (queer-themed?) party and then we scootered around the MSU campus screaming Deceptacon at the top of our voices. Dorm residents DID NOT love us. After that, we went back to Erin’s room and drank. A lot. Actually, I can remember this clearly because I know this was the first time I ever vomited from drinking (MILESTONE!). We were so hung-over the next morning that Annie and I gleefully slurped down frozen coke slurpies from the across-the-street 7-11 hours before we made it to Denny's during one of Ethan's shifts.

Anyway, I've gone on a tangent. How Erin came to be featured in this video, I have no idea. Regardless, Simian Mobile Disco is a UK-based remix team. James Ford, a member of the group, has produced groups like Arctic Monkeys and (my least favorite, sorry guys) Peaches.



Hustler.mp3

Anyway, Erin is now a photographer and a damn good one. Check out her stuff here.


I'm a hustler, baby.
That's what daddy's made me.

No comments: