December 9, 2010

The O'Jays//Love Train

Well, OSSers, since last we spoke, I went to California and came back, worked a lot, frantically tried to prepare for moving, saw Jens Lekman play a weird free show at a hotel skybar and launched a Kickstarter project that I’m super, super stoked about. I wanted to take this opportunity to be extremely annoying about it here and hype for a moment, before returning to our sporadically scheduled program.

Here’s the idea:
In January, I will be moving cross country from NYC to California to be with my fiancé. I’m going to take Amtrak the whole way, which means about three days of riding the rails. As I travel, I'll be documenting my journey by writing, taking photos and writing songs.

My friends Sharon (expert animator and ornament entrepreneur), Dave (voice-over pinch hitter) and Julie (musical contributor) helped me make a really cool video about it, which you should check now:



If you think this sounds like a cool idea, go over to Kickstarter and become a backer of the project. The week it takes me to get to California is probably going to be a week without OSS, so if you think you might miss me, this could be a way for us to keep in touch. Similarly, if you’ve been reading this blog for a while (I have been writing it for over two years now) and you’ve enjoyed it, here’s a small way you can give back. Please go ahead and back the project now!

And just to keep it relevant, please enjoy the unofficial theme song to the project, a favorite wedding dance song for my Motown-lovin’ dad (and probably Motown-lovin’ dads across the country), "Love Train" by The O’Jays.

You also may remember the other song in the video from a previous OSS post. Check that out here.



Love Train.mp3

Please don't miss this train at the station,
'Cause if you miss it, I feel sorry, sorry for you.
People all over the world,
Join hands,
Start a love train, love train!

No comments: