November 30, 2010

Wolfie//Rachel Carson

So, a few days ago, I was out to Dim Sum with some friends. You should probably know that I am OBSESSED with Dim Sum and am feeling sad about losing my favorite spot for it, Jing Fong, when I leave NYC in Jan. So, I’m trying to squeeze as much Dim Sum in as possible right now.

I was explaining to Ethan and Emily about how our friends Sharon and Jon couldn’t come along on this particular outing last minute. I said, “Boing Boing wrote up their Etsy and now they have to stay home all day babysitting the laser.”

“Did that sentence really just come out of your mouth?” quipped Ethan.

“I know, it’s ridiculous, right?”

But it’s true. Keeping in the spirit of yesterday’s post, I want to tell you about Sharon and Jon’s awesome project, Heroes of Science, which, yes, was written up on Boing Boing.

When this project was in its early stages, I was over brainstorming about a Kickstarter video with Sharon (more on that later). They showed me their original designs and I immediately started humming this song.

“Rachel Carson” is by a band called Wolfie. It’s not actually about Rachel Carson all that much. Wolfie broke up about 10 years ago and never really had any hits. Still, I fucking love this track. It’s a perfect little nugget of pop.

As you can imagine, there is a Hero of Science ornament featuring Rachel Carson, although you might have to wait a few days to order—pretty sure Mr. Eavesmade and his giant laser from the 90s is a bit overrun at the moment. Lucky for me, I got sent home with a prototype.



Rachel Carson.mp3

Rachel Carson, she wrote a book
Informed everyone all about the past.

No comments: