September 1, 2010

Starlight Mints//Sir Prize

Get that minty freshness with Sweets Week.

A quintessential sweet, Starlight Mints are those classic red and white peppermints that grandma always has in the candy dish. Don't worry, we avoid them too. Luckily, there are some other Starlight Mints we can all enjoy.

These Mints are a psych pop band from Norman, OK and they pen songs that have a knack for sticking in my head. This one's no exception.

I especially like how this jam incorporates strings and juxtaposes them with lyrics that make you feel like you're going through a bad drug trip. Somehow it all comes out charming? Surprise, sir prize.



Sir Prize.mp3

It's a masquerade,
The mouse-scapade,
And a ruby in your twist.

My array, shaking hands with a cat in a mirror.
My array, waking up with the blast of a cold.
My array, my array, l count your breath.

Mint Condition: Mint candy comes in a plethora of forms and flavors. In addition to the basics (Peppermint, Spearmint), there are hard mints (like Altoids and Tic Tacs), soft mints (like Andes and York Peppermint Patties) and scotch mints (like Mentos). Whoa.

No comments: