September 3, 2010

Marvin Gaye//How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)

All you need is love Sweetness Week.

As everyone knows, there is nothing sweeter than love, except maybe Motown. That's why I decided to end the week with this jam by the legendary Marvin Gaye.

This song was a classic 60s Holland–Dozier–Holland composition. Marvin Gaye recorded this version in 1964 in Hitsville USA Studio A. with background vox by The Andantes and instrumentation by The Funk Brothers. James Taylor made a shitty easy listening version a decade later. Oh my god, it sucks.

I don't know if I told you, but my lady's going away to grad school in a few weeks and I'm feeling kinda bummed about it. I'd like to send this one out to her, because I want to stop and thank you, baby.



How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You).mp3

I needed the shelter of someone's arms,
And there you were.
I needed someone to understand my ups and downs,
And there you were.
With sweet love and devotion,
deeply touching my emotion.
I want to stop and thank you, baby.
I just want to stop and thank you, baby.

How sweet it is to be loved by you

I close my eyes at night,
Wondering where would I be without you in my life.
Everything I did was just a bore.
Everywhere I went it seems I'd been there before.
But you brightened up for me all of my days
With a love so sweet in so many ways.
I want to stop and thank you, baby.
I want to stop and thank you, baby.

How sweet it is to be loved by you

Love and Chocolate: Some researchers believe chocolate cravings have something to do with serotonin, a brain chemical that makes us feel happy and relaxed. Recent studies in neuroscience have indicated that as people fall in love, the brain consistently releases a certain set of chemicals, including serotonin, which stimulates the brain's pleasure center. Coincidence? I don't think so.

No comments: