August 9, 2010

Thee Oh Sees//Meat Step Lively

Welcome to Week Two of my little takeover of One Sweet Song! I thought I'd kick things off with a band I really love, Thee Oh Sees. They are a Bay-area band, fronted by John Dwyer of Coachwhips, Pink and Brown and The Hospitals (quite a prolific guy). I think the thing I love the most about Thee Oh Sees is Dwyer's voice; it's like a mix of Mark E. Smith and Fred Schneider.

Meat Step Lively is probably my favorite track off their last album, Help. I really dig the psych rock flute solo (I'm kind of a sucker for woodwinds). If you enjoy this track, you should definitely check out the rest of the album, as well as their previous one, The Master's Bedroom is Worth Spending a Night In.



Meat Step Lively.mp3

Lost in a fog
And outside in
When he wishes he wishes to rebegin
But that is far from the truth

No comments: