March 15, 2010

One for the Team//Best Supporting Actress

And Monday Mail goes to...
What is Monday Mail, anyway?

I’m not going to lie. If you’re sending me an email asking me to check out your band, and you write “my band recorded at John Vanderslice’s Tiny Telephone Studio,” and that’s actually true, for better or for worse, I am definitely going to listen to your music.

Mpls-based One for the Team did just that. From Patrick at Afternoon Records:

Minneapolis, MN, March 5, 2010 – Minneapolis' own One for the Team are heading out on the road for a few weeks, starting tonight in Fargo, ND.

“Ghosts” was recorded during the fall of 2009 at Tiny Telephone in San Francisco, California. The album is the 3rd LP from the Minneapolis indie-pop group, following 2006's “Good Boys Don't Make Noise”, 2008's “Build It Up”, and 2009's “Build A Garden EP”.


This track is actually from the previous Build A Garden EP, but OftT definitely has the kind of pop chops that should be watched. Also, "Best Supporting Artist" is just a really good name for a song.

They're playing tonight at Cake Shop and tomorrow at Bruar Falls. Then, consider just staying at Bruar Falls, because we'll be there the next day.



Best Supporting Actress.mp3

I'm different without you
And I don't expect you to understand.

No comments: