February 23, 2010

Boyskout//Back to Bed

Just when you thought the cold gray hell that is winter might be finished, you wake up to a day like today and a promise of a few more like it…and maybe even some more snow a few days after that. I hate winter. I hate it. Well, that’s not completely true. I like the first week of it and the very first snow of the season. Beyond that, I am so over it.

A. got home yesterday from a weekend audition jaunt to California. I was extra happy to see her and wake up next to her this morning. What I wasn’t extra happy about was dragging myself out of bed at an obscenely early hour, all while dark rainy vibes greeted me through the window. YUCK.

This song, by the band Boyskout, describes a situation I’m sure we’re all familiar with. You have to get up. The warm body in your bed begs you not to and you don’t want to anyway. Fun. Back to bed: it's everywhere you want to be. Also, what is it that they say in NPR? "Although there's nothing overtly graphic in this story, it's kinda sexy, so kids, cover your ears." No, that's not quite right.

Anyway, in addition to making some super fun songs, the girls in this band are pretty damn cute. Even though it looks like it’s been a while since they were an active band, they’re currently based in Brooklyn. I hope I’ll run into them on the G train someday.



Back to Bed.mp3

Baby, come back to bed.
You know you want to.

No comments: