September 17, 2008

Smokey Robinson//Tears of a Clown

This song features quite possibly the best combo of rhythm section and line I have ever, ever heard.

Tears of a Clown carries a lot of emotional weight for me, because it’s one of the songs that I vividly remember dancing around the living room to with my dad. My dad was pretty into Motown and, when you’re six years old, there’s not much that’s as fun as manipulating lyrics to Supremes songs and running wild in your house to the soundtrack of The Reverend Al Green. SOUL!

Bonus, King of Motown, for your Pagliacci reference.
Also worth nothing, Robinson seems to sing about tears quite a bit. Maybe he was just really sad?



Tears of a Clown.mp3

Now there’s some sad things known to man
But ain’t too much sadder than
The tears of a clown
When there’s no one around

1 comment:

FRED said...

SECOND BEXST SONG OF LIFE!
BEST ONE?
TRAXXX OF MAH TEEERSSSS!!!!!!