August 19, 2010

The Streets//Sharp Darts

I had my iPod on shuffle while on the train home last night. This song came on. I was excited!

There was a time when I had a little love affair with the clever cockneyness that is The Streets AKA Mike Skinner. Listening back now, I realize most of it is pretty bad. This album has some gems, some guilty-pleasure worthy tracks...and some serious lame-os. His next album was a concept record about losing 1,000 quid. OK.

Still, the bangers are undeniable. "Don't Mug Yourself," "Fit But You Know It," that song about getting completely trashed in Amsterdam and of course, this one, which is amazing. I remember the first time I heard it on WFMU...when the whole concept of British Rap was downright unbelievable.



Sharp Darts.mp3

I walk the beat like a policemen,
No karma pedestrian.
In 500 years, they'll play this song in museums.
I'm the bold adventurer,
UK's ambassador,
Holding up Excalibur,
Your beats are inferior.
Don't wanna embarrass ya,
So call yer solicitor,
The jury voted unanimously against ya.
Sharp darts spitting masters,
Spitting darts faster,
Shut up I'm the driver, you're the passenger.
I'll reign superior.
The pressure blows the dial on your barometer.
Do you understand?
Or do you need an interpreter?

No comments: