November 5, 2009

The Rolling Stones//Sympathy for the Devil

Last night, Pat and I DJ'ed at Lucky's (after the Series ended, poorly). Aside: I yelled, "just fucking win already, Yankees--you're pissing me off!" I don't care about sports at all, but am a Phillies fan by blood. Also, the Yanks are obviously the spoiled rich kid cocky asses of the sport--not likable. I couldn't help but think of the parallels between their win (AGAIN) and Bloomberg's win (AGAIN). Money really can buy you happiness, huh?

I haven't DJ'ed that much and I am definitely still getting the hang of it with fades, transitions, etc. That said, there was a special glory that I felt when I put this song on and heard those signature intro drums blast around the bar. Within minutes, some rock 'n roll types at the end of the bar were bellowing out "hoo hooo!" along with The Stones. I joined them. So FUN.

There's something really amazing to me about the fact that I get to DJ with my dad's original copy of Beggar's Banquet (shhhhh). It felt like a sort of ruthless justice to put this on after having to play Sinatra's "New York, New York" for all the drunk assholes in the bar.

This is definitely my favorite Stones song...and probably one of my favorite songs ever. Songs like this one are what make me feel so crazy and passionate about music. A song like this makes you feel so much. It makes you dance. It makes you want to scream. Also, it's just so tough and we all know that's hot.

If anyone was gonna make you like the devil...right? In the mood to snarl? Here we go:



Sympathy for the Devil.mp3

Let me please introduce myself--
I'm a man of wealth and taste.
I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached Bombay.

No comments: