June 19, 2009

Heatmiser//Low-Flying Jets

Today, after work, I’m leavin’ on a jet plane, and I think this song is the modern and more abstract angsty 90s indie equivalent of “Leaving on a Jet Plane” for me. I’m off to Ann Arbor and Chicago, to see friends get married, eat brunch at Zola and be with my moms (I’ll explain later).

Four good things to know about Heatmiser:

1. Elliott Smith was in Heatmiser, before he was “Elliott Smith.”
2. Sam Coomes was in Heatmiser, only slightly after he started as the frontman for Quasi.
3. They’re not “metal.”
4. They’re not.

So, until Thursday, have fun on other music blogs. Patronize the “competition” (hi, guys!).

And, oh yeah--wish me happy birthday.



Low-Flying Jets.mp3

Cuz I've been dreaming of low-flying jets.
Sweet town knocked my head over,
Over and over.

No comments: