February 23, 2009

Motel Motel//Harlem

You might think this is a cop out, but yesterday was 2.22, and this seems like as good a reason as any to get a little themey. It’s been a while since we had a “week,” so let’s kick it. I officially declare this last week in February (the SECOND month of the year), Double Trouble Week! Oh Yeah! Oh Yeah!

For those new to OSS and unfamiliar with theme weeks, you might want to check out Michigan Week, Expletive Week, Queer Week and Friends and Family Week.

Double word band names are a thing almost as much as animal band names are a thing. Wolf Wolf doesn’t exist yet though. Anybody game?

Enough with the snark. I really like this song. It’s melancholy and it’s got a hell of a piano line. Where do I sign? If I was to sign this week, would I sign my name or just XX? Hahaha. I mean, ha ha.

I found out about this band because the woman who cuts my hair is friends with their drummer. Oh, New York, you’re alright. Nothing like finding a new cool band while getting bangs. What if the woman who cuts my hair was friends with the band Bangs? I think my head just exploded.



Harlem.mp3

Some things that have been named Double Trouble: a dance group from the late 1980s and early 1990s, a hip hop duo from the late 1970s South Bronx and a DJ Haze/Nu Jerzy Devil album.



She says I’m lucky,
Because I’ve always had a home
And a woman to hold me
When I get stoned.
I may feel lonely,
But I don’t know what it’s like to be alone.

3 comments:

music NERD said...

i enjoyed the post, but the link to the song is not working :(.

g said...

hey music NERD,

link's working fine for me. you might want to check out your network.

g

g said...

also-actual link is:

http://www.iamjanet.com/harlem.mp3

if that helps!