February 3, 2009

Kimya Dawson//My Rollarcoaster

I found out last night, at roughly 10:30 pm, that I am playing a show tonight at The Sidewalk Cafe, otherwise known as the hub of the New York antifolk scene.

All this made me think of my favorite antifolk star, Kimya Dawson, who writes funny and wonderful songs and who also once crashed at my house in Ann Arbor after playing a show (uh yes, that one). You may know her from her contributions to the soundtrack of last year’s wildly popular and wildly hilarious Juno.

Of course, this song makes me think of my dear friend Emily Bate , who I am playing with tonight (in celebration of a new split EP with a sadly ill Dave End) and who once put this song on a mix for me.

ALSO, I just know you’ve all been aching to hear that Third Eye Blind song again.



My Rollarcoaster.mp3

You were on my mind at least nine tenths of yesterday.
It seemed as if perhaps I'd gone insane.
What is it about you that has commandeered my brain?
Maybe it's your awesome songs or maybe it's the way
When I look at your face I can tell that you're not going to be stopping soon or even slowing down
And if we keep up this pace pretty soon we'll know the name of every kid and every grown up booking house shows in their town.

For more details on the show tonight, check out Sidewalk Cafe’s site.

No comments: