December 16, 2008

Steely Dan//Hey Nineteen

I was at my friend Claire’s holiday party this weekend and Patrice brilliantly put this song on. This is one of those songs that everyone I know hates, but I love with abandon. This is why I probably freaked Patrice out with my excessive glee at hearing not only the intro, but also knowing that I wasn’t the one who pushed play. Patrice is awesome.

Steely Dan, on the other hand, is not really my favorite band. For some reason, this song really strikes a chord with me though. I think it’s because it was a song my dad would play a lot when I was a kid. Underage sex, drugs and rock ‘n roll, kids!

Fun fact: Steely Dan is named after “Steely Dan III from Yokohama", a strap-on dildo referenced in Naked Lunch by William Burroughs.



Hey Nineteen.mp3

The Cuervo Gold,
The fine Columbian
Make tonight a wonderful thing.

2 comments:

rebecca for moderns said...

you know about yacht rock, right? you must. if not, hurry here: http://www.yachtrock.com/.

g said...

wow. you have changed my life.