September 24, 2008

Stereolab//Cybele's Reverie

Today is Ali’s birthday! Happy birthday, Als! Sorry though, I didn’t get you anything except for this blog post. I hope we can still be best friends forever (I know we can).

Stereolab is Ali’s favorite band. That’s probably why I started seriously listening to them. Sound Dust was my first review assignment for the Michigan Daily and when I said, “I don’t know much about Stereolab, but I got the new album early. Are they any good?,” Ali kinda freaked out. I’m glad she did. Stereolab is fucking awesome and they also win the prize for having the best song/album titles ever. Here are some of my favorites: Transient Random-Noise Bursts with Announcements, “International Colouring Contest,” “Nihilist Assault Group," “The Noise of Carpet” and "Ticker-tape of the Unconscious.”

This song is from my favorite album, Emperor Tomato Ketchup. This song is also REALLY REALLY good live.



Cybele's Reverie.mp3

Also, here is a very old and very funny picture of Als with The Hatchet in her mouth. Hahaha:


Oh Als, I'm so glad you're alive.

Childhood is very nice.
Childhood brings magic.

No comments: