September 3, 2008

Andrew Bird//Heretics

This song makes me feel like a fool. Here’s why: I spent years…YEARS…talking shit about Andrew Bird. Think: “What’s with everyone being in love with Andrew Bird? Isn’t he just another asshole who uses loop pedals too much on stage?” or “Why are you so obsessed with that dude? I definitely don’t see the appeal.”

Turns out Andrew Bird is actually amazing and now I’m eating my words. This song, with it’s incredible lyrics, beautiful songwriting, stellar instrumentation and flawless recording quality, made me see the light. Now I’m hopelessly hooked on this album, Armchair Apocrypha.



Heretics.mp3

Now that I drank the kool-aid, I’ll definitely be trying to catch the talented Mr. Bird a one of his upcoming October shows at Hiro Ballroom, which also happens to be one of my very favorite venues (good taste, again).

Also worth noting, the above Kali-like depiction of Bird is by talented artist Norman Dapito. You can see more of his work here.

Thank god it’s fatal.

No comments: