July 28, 2008

Silver Jews//People

Before the song of the day, some cool news! We were featured in The Metro today. Neat!

Ok, down to "business":

Oh my god! I know I’m losing cred points as I type this, but Silver Jews were one of those bands that I for some reason hesitated to check out, even after numerous friends constantly told me how much I would adore them.

Reasons they cited:
1. Steve Malkamus! Yeah, they knew how much I loved Pavement
2. Catchy smart 90s indie sound
3. “I love them, you’ll love them”

Reasons they forgot to cite:
1. They’re from New Jersey! Seriously, how did you guys miss this?

Well, another score for friends, I did start loving Silver Jews a few years ago (only 17 years late!). And I do love starting my week off with this song, off their 1998 album, American Water.



People.mp3

Silver Jews just released a new album last month called Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea.

People ask people to watch their scotch.
People send people up to the moon.

1 comment:

Ryan Fitz Gibbon said...

woo hoo! way to go one sweet song!